This episode of ICology welcomes back past guest Simon Wright, owner of Gatehouse. For the past nine years, Gatehouse has produced the annual State of the Sector report. He shares some of the trends more than 400 communicators shared about internal communication, along with challenges, channel use and leadership/manager communication.
State of the Sector is the longest established survey of the internal communication and employee engagement landscape, informed by responses from hundreds of practitioners around the world. This year’s report once again reveals some fascinating facts…
- Where IC practitioners will be focusing their efforts in 2017
- What channels they consider most/least effective.
- In particular, how successful social platforms are and how much progress has been made with mobile communications
- The average IC spend by size of organisation
- The size of in-house IC teams
It's a must-read for internal communicators and you'll enjoy hearing some of the context behind this year's data.